AR Newbie Registered Member

NAD C375BEE Subwoofer set up

A have a bit of a problem i want to set up a powered sub to my amp. The Amp is an NAD C375 it doesn't have a sub out. So i was told to use speaker out to in on the sub from speaker 2. The problem with that is the sub doesn't have speaker conn. The pre out 2 may work but whats the deal will the volume control nob, please help

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax21 View Post
    A have a bit of a problem i want to set up a powered sub to my amp. The Amp is an NAD C375 it doesn't have a sub out. So i was told to use speaker out to in on the sub from speaker 2. The problem with that is the sub doesn't have speaker conn. The pre out 2 may work but whats the deal will the volume control nob, please help
    Nope, you have no problem.

I assume you're using the C375's own amp to drive your main speakers; used the Pre Out 1 pair to connect to the sub's stereo inputs. You must use the sub's own Low-pass filter and volume control because the C375's Pre Outs are full-range. Set the sub's low-pass to complement your main's speakers roll-off point, i.e. if you speakers are specified -3 dB at 55 Hz, set the sub's low-pass to 55 Hz or the closest setting to that; set the sub's volume so that's its sound isn't obtrusive.

By the way, welcome to AR Forums, Madmax21.

Hi, and sorry for digging up such an old thread.

I have the C375 amp paired with Dali ikon 6 mk2 speakers, which has a frequency rate of 39 - 30,000 Hz (+/-3 dB). I was thinking of adding a Dali ikon sub mk2, which has a frequency of 26 - 200 Hz with a crossover setting from 50-130. I was just wondering if I set the crossover to 50, will the amplifier cut that 39 - 50 Hz from the speakers or will they both play it. Is this going to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by komppa View Post
    Hi, and sorry for digging up such an old thread.

I have the C375 amp paired with Dali ikon 6 mk2 speakers, which has a frequency rate of 39 - 30,000 Hz (+/-3 dB). I was thinking of adding a Dali ikon sub mk2, which has a frequency of 26 - 200 Hz with a crossover setting from 50-130. I was just wondering if I set the crossover to 50, will the amplifier cut that 39 - 50 Hz from the speakers or will they both play it. Is this going to be a problem.
    They will both play in the 39-50 Hz overlap region. This usually isn't a good idea because you will get excessive bass in that frequency range.

If the C375 provided "high-pass filter" that would limit the Ikon's to 50Hz (or whatever crossover point you preferred), then that would be fine; however the C378 isn't equipped with a high-pass for the main speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    They will both play in the 39-50 Hz overlap region. This usually isn't a good idea because you will get excessive bass in that frequency range.

If the C375 provided "high-pass filter" that would limit the Ikon's to 50Hz (or whatever crossover point you preferred), then that would be fine; however the C378 isn't equipped with a high-pass for the main speakers.
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll have to abstain from getting the subwoofer then.

Thread Information