Thread: avr 4308ci

AR Newbie Registered Member

avr 4308ci

I just got the Denon Avr 4308ci and I am very disappointed with the sound. I got it to replace
    my arcam 300 because I was looking for HDMI conectivity. I hear good reviews about it, but the denon really pales in comparison to the arcam. Maybe I did not set it up right.
    I only have two front speakers right now.

Any suggestions on how to set it up right?

nightflier
    That's not a simple question to answer. You might want to spend some time trying different settings and following the manual. What have you tried so far?

Sound Fanatic
    The nice thing is that it sets itself up ;-) Problems typically stem from when people don't run Audyssey properly:

=> Make sure that the mic is oriented perfectly and completely flat, preferably on a tripod at ear-level.

=> Use all 8 positions and set them up as recommended (#1 in the prime listening position, #2-4 across the listening area, #5-8 ~3 feet in front of the listening area).

=> Ensure all background noise is gone during the setup procedure. You want silence. Turn off the fridge, the air conditioning, etc.

They don't sound a lot truer than the 4308. It is far more likely that you're used to a sound that isn't especially true with exaggerated bass and treble and now a flat signal sounds strange to you. You can adjust the equalizer as desired to alter the sound more to your liking.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008xle
    I just got the Denon Avr 4308ci and I am very disappointed with the sound. I got it to replace
    my arcam 300 because I was looking for HDMI conectivity. I hear good reviews about it, but the denon really pales in comparison to the arcam. Maybe I did not set it up right.
    I only have two front speakers right now.

Any suggestions on how to set it up right?
    This is why i havent jumped to a new receiver just for hdmi.I'm not willing to sacrifice SQ just for conveniece.Not saying the new receivers arent as good but i wonder sometimes if they sacifice the Quality of the receiver for the added bells and whistles of convenience.Is it worth paying 1,500 for a quality hdmi rec.just for HDMI capabilities?

Thread Information