AVR-3801 Problems

Printable View

• 02-14-2010, 06:06 AM
    krdoss
    AVR-3801 Problems
    I do not know if it might be something I am doing or if my receiver might have problems, but when it is on Dolby Digital, Pro logic, or DTS it is very muffled. At times it is so muffled that you can barley understand the people talking. This is whether you are watching TV or watching a movie on DVD. The most troubling thing about it is when I had the system set up at another house it worked perfectly, but once I have finally set it up in my new home, it seems to be having issues. Thank you for any kind of help! :smile5:
  • 02-14-2010, 10:32 AM
    harley .guy07
    I would start out checking you cables. I am not sure if you are using HDMI or digital out from your components to you AVR but sometimes they can go bad or get kinked and they will no longer work right. But since you mentioned that it happens on your DVD player and on your TV watching it is unlikely that both sources will have cables with the same problems. I would try all you aux inputs and see if it is anything to do with different inputs. After that then it would seem to be to processing in the AVR that would be causing this problem and I would get a hold of either the store you bought this unit at or Denon themselves to see what they can do and if this is a common problem since to my knowledge and work selling Denon in the 90's they always seemed to be very dependable units.
  • 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
    krdoss
    Thank you for the help. I figured out my problem, All I needed to do is reset the micro-processor. Everything is working great. :smile5:
  • 02-16-2010, 05:55 PM
    harley .guy07
    I figured it was something in the processing if it wasn't the other things I mentioned. Good that you were able to reset the microprocessor but I would advise that if it happens again I would get a hold of the store you bought it from or Denon themselves because having to reset the processor is not a normal thing that needs to be done to a AVR and there could be some other problems causing it that might need to be addressed at a service center or Denon themselves. Just My Opinion but good luck.