Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications

Attn Troubleshooters: static heard when adjusting volume

I just saw a good deal on an older Arcam integrated amp (Alpha 8R)...$150 2nd hand. I won't say where so people don't snipe this from under me. I was playing with it for about 1/2 hour and the only thing I noticed wrong was a slight static sound could be heard when adjusting the volume on the unit...otherwise it sounded great.

Any ideas what could cause this static? Is it anything I should worry about? If it's something as simple as a cleaning I could probably work something out with the store owner, whom I know pretty well.
    Thanks.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I just saw a good deal on an older Arcam integrated amp (Alpha 8R)...$150 2nd hand. I won't say where so people don't snipe this from under me. I was playing with it for about 1/2 hour and the only thing I noticed wrong was a slight static sound could be heard when adjusting the volume on the unit...otherwise it sounded great.

Any ideas what could cause this static? Is it anything I should worry about? If it's something as simple as a cleaning I could probably work something out with the store owner, whom I know pretty well.
    Thanks.

Dirty volume control over time. It happnes. Electronics stores sell pot cleaners you spray in them.
    mtrycrafts

Thread Information