Forum Regular

Amplifiers connection, please help.

I have tree amplifiers and tree pair of speakers. I would like to connect: front, surround, and back chanels and to have posibility to adjust volume on each chanel. Do I have to have mixer? Tree preamplifiers? Or something else?
    Please advice

Sound Fanatic
    How exactly do you propose to extract a 7.0 sound from a signal without anything to decode it? Hint: you can't.

Buy a receiver or a multichannel preamp.

Forum Regular
    You are right. I didn't say that I do have A/V receiver Denon AVR-2807 but I'm not happy with audio signal what that receiver produce. I also have preamp Adcom GTP-500. So, I did connect, and compare. It's huge difference! Sound via preamp is much more clear, and that is the sound what I want. But, that's the problem. I can use that preamp only for one pair of speakers.
    By the way, I don't mind to buy another two Adcoms preamps (they are cheap $100) My question is how to connect all toghter?
    Thank You for your rasponse.
    Nash

Amp Switcher

Quote Originally Posted by mavava
    You are right. I didn't say that I do have A/V receiver Denon AVR-2807 but I'm not happy with audio signal what that receiver produce. I also have preamp Adcom GTP-500. So, I did connect, and compare. It's huge difference! Sound via preamp is much more clear, and that is the sound what I want. But, that's the problem. I can use that preamp only for one pair of speakers.
    By the way, I don't mind to buy another two Adcoms preamps (they are cheap $100) My question is how to connect all toghter?
    Thank You for your rasponse.
    Nash
    Are you wanting to use the Adcom for 2 channel play back and still use Denon for the surround?
    i.e. sharing the same amplifiers from 2 different sources?
    Maybe this is what you need, although you may need more than one if you have multiple amplifiers.

http://www.buy.com/prod/speakercraft...204226662.html
    and you will needed one of these to power the above (I don't know why they are sold separately)

http://www.buy.com/prod/speakercraft.../90117255.html
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Forum Regular
    I want to avoid Denon. That receiver is good only for video, because of conversion. Denon documents says that receiver produce 110W on all 7 chanels. But, true is: That receiver is not able to make any sound from my Carever Amazing speakers. My small Adcom GFA-535 (60W rms) make pretty good sound from the same speakers. So, I don't beleive to any specification...numbers. I simple, connect what I have and listen.
    What I have:
    Amplifiers: Adcom GFA-535, Adcom- GFA-2535, QSC USA-400, Crown XLS 402
    Preamplifier: Adcom GTP-500
    A/V Receiver Denon AVR-2807
    And bunch of speakers, looong list. I don't think is important in this point.
    Your idea with switch is good, and it's only $40. Do you use this switch in your system? Thanks for your help.
    Nash

I want to avoid Denon. That receiver is good only for video, because of conversion. Denon documents says that receiver produce 110W on all 7 chanels. But, true is: That receiver is not able to make any sound from my Carever Amazing speakers. My small Adcom GFA-535 (60W rms) make pretty good sound from the same speakers. So, I don't beleive to any specification...numbers. I simple, connect what I have and listen.
    What I have:
    Amplifiers: Adcom GFA-535, Adcom- GFA-2535, QSC USA-400, Crown XLS 402
    Preamplifier: Adcom GTP-500
    A/V Receiver Denon AVR-2807
    And bunch of speakers, looong list. I don't think is important in this point.
    Your idea with switch is good, and it's only $40. Do you use this switch in your system? Thanks for your help.
    Nash
    Yes I have the switch and it is hooked up, but I at this very moment only have one preamp but...
    tonight when my second preamp (NAD C-162) comes in it will be utilized then.
    I have a Pioneer Elite that is used as a preamp only for Home Theater and Stereo.
    When I hook up the NAD tonight the Elite will only be used for HT and the NAD used for stereo only using the same amps for the front main channels.
    and the Nad C-162 will.
    I see you have some pro amps in your setup, me too.
    My amps for the front 2 channel are QSC SRA 3622 bridged.

OK
    back to the Denon that unit has preouts so you can keep it for the HT and use the switcher between the Adcom preamp and use your amplifiers.

It would work out like this
    1 switcher for the front HT (Denon) and the Adcom for Stereo
    same amps for the front
    the remaining amps for home theater 7.1 will all hook up to the Denon preouts.

PS.
    This way the Denon will allow you to set the volume level for each speaker in the HT Mode.
    and still use all the amplifiers.
    Last edited by BRANDONH; 07-27-2007 at 07:20 AM.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Forum Regular
    I'm gonna try to connect how you said. I really appriciate your work. You wasn't lazy to to check all those things....Thank You so much!
    What you think about this?:
    http://www.audaud.com/audaud/JAN02/E...uip2JAN02.html

I'm gonna try to connect how you said. I really appriciate your work. You wasn't lazy to to check all those things....Thank You so much!
    What you think about this?:
    http://www.audaud.com/audaud/JAN02/E...uip2JAN02.html
    I thought about suggesting something like that.

I hope I have answered your initial question.
    I was a little confused as what you were trying to do.
    with multiple speakers multiple amps.
    Unless you were intending to have it zoned to other rooms.
    then Yes the multi zone switcher would work and the Denon allows for that too.
    It has a zone output.
    I am about to go now will check back later.
    my system
    Technics SL-1210M5G
    OC9/MLII
    Marantz AV8003
    Oppo BD-83
    Yamaha C-70
    Crown MA-12000i
    Emotiva XPA-5

Forum Regular
    No, I don't want to have it in other room(s), just want to be able to fully control each chanel separately connected to pro amplifiers. It's mean to control (adjust) volem and source.
    Thanks very much!

Thread Information