Forum Regular

Anyone having difficulty fitting the banana plug into NAD C352 speaker terminal?

Anyone having difficulty fitting the banana plug into NAD C352 speaker terminal? I couldn't get my to go in. The hole seem to be smaller. Are there differnt sized in Banana plugs?

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

I'd check your owners manual...

Quote Originally Posted by m500
    Anyone having difficulty fitting the banana plug into NAD C352 speaker terminal? I couldn't get my to go in. The hole seem to be smaller. Are there differnt sized in Banana plugs?
    ...I checked the pdf @ the NAD site...bare wires and pins are all that's mentioned...yes, they have no bananas...

jimHJJ(...sorry, I couldn't resist...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Forum Regular
    I guess someone (ME) just lost some money on the expensive wire he just bought and have to take down the banana plug and ended with just bare wires. Education takes money. New lesson learned.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by m500
    I guess someone (ME) just lost some money on the expensive wire he just bought and have to take down the banana plug and ended with just bare wires. Education takes money. New lesson learned.
    Before you cut check the binding posts. In my experience with british designed amps such as Rotel and Cambridge Audio they block the posts with a soft rubber plug so the similar power cords could not be inserted. They do the same with some speakers so they would not be blown instantly when high power would be sent to the speakers from an ac or mains cord. If those plugs do come out you can use bananas. If the center of the binding post is solid then you will have to cut.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information