• 06-27-2005, 07:57 AM
    m500
    Anyone having difficulty fitting the banana plug into NAD C352 speaker terminal?
    Anyone having difficulty fitting the banana plug into NAD C352 speaker terminal? I couldn't get my to go in. The hole seem to be smaller. Are there differnt sized in Banana plugs?
  • 06-27-2005, 09:06 AM
    Resident Loser
    I'd check your owners manual...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by m500
    Anyone having difficulty fitting the banana plug into NAD C352 speaker terminal? I couldn't get my to go in. The hole seem to be smaller. Are there differnt sized in Banana plugs?

...I checked the pdf @ the NAD site...bare wires and pins are all that's mentioned...yes, they have no bananas...

jimHJJ(...sorry, I couldn't resist...)
  • 06-27-2005, 09:37 AM
    m500
    I guess someone (ME) just lost some money on the expensive wire he just bought and have to take down the banana plug and ended with just bare wires. Education takes money. New lesson learned.
  • 06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by m500
    I guess someone (ME) just lost some money on the expensive wire he just bought and have to take down the banana plug and ended with just bare wires. Education takes money. New lesson learned.

Before you cut check the binding posts. In my experience with british designed amps such as Rotel and Cambridge Audio they block the posts with a soft rubber plug so the similar power cords could not be inserted. They do the same with some speakers so they would not be blown instantly when high power would be sent to the speakers from an ac or mains cord. If those plugs do come out you can use bananas. If the center of the binding post is solid then you will have to cut.