Anthem PVA-7 problems

Printable View

• 01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
    Rock789
    Anthem PVA-7 problems
    The center channel no longer produces high frequencies on my Anthem PVA-7 amp... short work around, I will use one of the rear channels for center channel...

I have not opened the amp up yet, but was wondering if any other Anthem owners have had a channel go out on them and have repaired it, either themselves, or at a shop...

Just looking for any assistance...

thanks,
    Mike
  • 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
    bfalls
    It's strange it stop producing only the high frequencies??? If you hadn't said you had a workaround using one of the rear channels I would have expected the speaker rather than the amp (bad xover or jumper if bi-wire capable).

Since there are no xover components in the amp circuit, my other guess would have been you switched the outputs from the preamp/pre-amp section of your receiver between the center channel and the sub since they're almost always situated one above the other. This is curious.

Since the Emotiva amps are configured with multiple amplifier boards in the same chassis with a shared power supply, you may be able to remove and send only the bad amp module. It should save time and money and you can still use the system in its current configuration. The manufacturer should have a test jig setup for testing the boards and procedures in place for repair. It should be much easier and less expensive than sending the entire unit.