Anthem AVM setup help

Printable View

• 05-06-2007, 06:29 PM
    Rock789
    Anthem AVM setup help
    Hello,

I have an Anthem AVM 50
    I have yet to figure out how to set the CD to process the 2ch input to supply 2.1 output...

if anyone has done this and could help me out with the settings, this would be great...

thanks in advance,
    Mike

PS. Anthem Logic turns the sub on, but also does some weird surround processing :rolleyes:
  • 05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
    musicman1999
    Sure,the way my avm-30 is set up is as follows,in source set up for audio in select analog-dsp,for speaker configuration select music,in mode presets select stereo for 2.0.
    In music speaker configuratio select fronts as large,sub as 1 super,adjust your crossover,turn off advance settings and you are done.As a side note,using this configuration sends the analog signal through the dsp engine so there is a very slight degradation in signal,but very slight.Do you normally listen in analog direct mode?Flip back and forth with the sub turned off and see if you can hear a difference.
    Hope this gets you where you are going.

bill
  • 05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
    Rock789
    Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Sure,the way my avm-30 is set up is as follows,in source set up for audio in select analog-dsp,for speaker configuration select music,in mode presets select stereo for 2.0.
    In music speaker configuratio select fronts as large,sub as 1 super,adjust your crossover,turn off advance settings and you are done.As a side note,using this configuration sends the analog signal through the dsp engine so there is a very slight degradation in signal,but very slight.Do you normally listen in analog direct mode?Flip back and forth with the sub turned off and see if you can hear a difference.
    Hope this gets you where you are going.

bill

Thanks Bill!!!!
    I'll give this a try and see how things turn out :cornut:
  • 05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
    Rock789
    BILL THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

music actually sounds more dynamic now (even without the sub on)... perhaps the anthem is hiding the marantz' all-in-one down side?
    which makes me think perhaps I should try the digital out...

thanks again!

later
    Mike
  • 05-08-2007, 06:16 PM
    musicman1999
    Glad to be of service.I fiound the Anthem's DAC'S to be very good,but can't quite keep up with my Moon feeding it an analog signal.Btw,do you make much use of the video and HDMI section of your Anthem?My 30 can be upgraded to a 50 but it costs about $2,000.00

bill
  • 05-08-2007, 06:20 PM
    Rock789
    lol...
    good question...
    right now I do not..
    I purchased the avm 50 around thanksgiving with full intentions of purchasing a projector around christmas...
    well... the more research on projectors I did, the more I wanted a better (more expensive) projector...
    I have come to the conclusion, I will eventually get something and take full use of the video capabilitys, but I am using none of them at this point in time...lol
  • 05-08-2007, 06:24 PM
    Rock789
    what moon do you have?
    I'de love to get an equinox!
  • 05-09-2007, 02:22 PM
    musicman1999
    It is actually a dvd player,it is called the Calypso.The cd stage is an Equinox,the electronics are idectical,only difference being the drive.It is a dvd drive not a cd drive but other than that everything in an Equinox is in there.It is also a very high quality dvd player with the Faroudja DCDi chip.It is a very serious player that requires some set up,but i have done comparisons with high def movies from my dvr and dvds from the player and in some cases the Moon won.It is very expensive but very high performance.Also weighs in at close to 30 pounds,the remote about 6 or 7 more.Very happy with it.

bill