AR Newbie Registered Member

Spectro Acoustics 202

Maybe I’m keeping stuff to long (but I sure love my OLD gear), my Spectro Acoustics 202 amp just died. No schematics, no support, what now? Maybe I'll dust off the Dynaco 400 amp and see if still works.

sylmar, ca. in beautiful so cal earthquake country

i still have mine, one channel works

it was actually one of my favorite amps. it was dynamically accurate and served me well until i got stupid one day and blew up a channel.

i never liked the amp terminals (old barrier strip type and the screws and their holes were pretty loose until fully tightened.

they drove my a25s, infinity monitor juniors, fried RIIs, and robers LS3/5As.

i miss it. what happened to yours?
    ...regards...tr

ISCET CET, FCC CTT, USITT Dual-500's Avatar
    Had a couple of them myself. Two were 100-125 wpc and two were 250 wpc. Bought them from a disco that was liquadating back around 1986. Also got a SA crossover and eq as well as a Showco DJ mixing console. Wish I still had the Showco board just as a collectors piece.

Read a little about Spectro Acoustics. The core of that company came from the original Phase Linear factory. As I recall, one of the key founders was the brains behind EV Tapco and also Mackie.

The Spectro Acoustic amps were good amps - sounded great.

I see SA gear on eBay every now and then. For service maybe try: Circle Stereo

as much as i liked the amps, the preamps were crap. closed in and uninteresting.

i may just have the amp repaired even though it might cost as much as a new amp.
    ...regards...tr

Hello,
    I have sprectro Acoustic schematic, I can send it to you if you still need it. Very easy to repair and upgrade at very low cost. I'm also interrested to buy if you want to sell. I also have a module i can sell.
    Just let me know.
    Regards,

Hi bengtx600
    I've been looking for a schematic for a 202 for about 2 years......
    I was thinking about my 202 today, for some reason. (Mine had high DC offset on one channel when I got it, so it went on the shelf 2 years ago........)
    Thought I would do a quick google search on it, to see if anything new had come up, and ended up on here.
    Wow, I sure could use a copy of the schematic and I might be interested in some parts.

Cheers

i never got back with the info that i had my 202 repaired but that i did. now i have to hook it up and listen.

i still would love to have the schematic, thanks in advance.

hifitommy@gmail.com
    ...regards...tr

Thread Information