Thread: Amp Trouble

Forum Regular

Amp Trouble

I have a sonance 120 watt x 2 power amp i use to run the mains in my HT system, the amp has something wrong with it makes the speakers sound like there blowing apart, i have tryed it on a different system and still does the same thing, the guys at the store where i purchased at said with shipping it could cost $250.00 or 350.00 to repair it,but they where just guessing how much it will be, im not sure if it is worth repairing a 3 1/2 year old amp or not. Shame of it is the amp looks like new and does a good job, but being over 3 years old not sure what to do, i paid around $500.00 for it new. what would you guys do with it fix or junk it. thank for your time

Quote Originally Posted by s dog
    the guys at the store where i purchased at said with shipping it could cost $250.00 or 350.00 to repair it,but they where just guessing how much it will be, im not sure if it is worth repairing a 3 1/2 year old amp or not. Shame of it is the amp looks like new and does a good job, but being over 3 years old not sure what to do, i paid around $500.00 for it new. what would you guys do with it fix or junk it. thank for your time
    Does it weigh 400 pounds? Shipping my 940 lb speakers from Utah to Georgia was $800.

I would call the company and ask their advice.

rw

Forum Regular

amp

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Does it weigh 400 pounds? Shipping my 940 lb speakers from Utah to Georgia was $800.

I would call the company and ask their advice.

rw
    No LOL it only weighs 28 pounds, I think i will do what you said and call the company to see what im getting in to here and fined out how much parts might be. What i would really like to do someday is get a small pair of mono blocks maybe a 100 watt each, i alway wanted a pair of them, I think they would look nice setting on amp stands in front of my 57'' tv.But im sure they cost alot more money than what i have. thanks

lol, sweeet, big towers RULE!!!!

Thread Information