• 03-26-2004, 07:40 PM
    Weister42
    Is this amp special???(Technics)
    I was searching around for an older technics amp and what I found out was kinda odd...I have a Technics SU-V8X integrated amp, but it's not listed on vintagetechnics.com(it has everything that Technics ever made), or anywhere else for that matter. The face of it looks just like a SU-V6X(the one pictured on that site), but the power consumption is 650 watts instead of 420 watts. I opended the cover and the amp section is almost identical to a Technics SE-A5MK2, which is also pictured on that site. Is this some kind of hybird model?
  • 03-26-2004, 09:09 PM
    cam
    I use to have a technics
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Weister42
    I was searching around for an older technics amp and what I found out was kinda odd...I have a Technics SU-V8X integrated amp, but it's not listed on vintagetechnics.com(it has everything that Technics ever made), or anywhere else for that matter. The face of it looks just like a SU-V6X(the one pictured on that site), but the power consumption is 650 watts instead of 420 watts. I opended the cover and the amp section is almost identical to a Technics SE-A5MK2, which is also pictured on that site. Is this some kind of hybird model?

I use to think that my technics was special until I heard a denon and a marantz. I have never heard of that model before but I do remember that the power consumption of my technics was 420 watts. According to your power consumption of 650 watts that equates to the biggest power supply ever in a technics. You just might have a powerhouse on your hands.
  • 03-28-2004, 03:57 AM
    Geoffcin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Weister42

You got yourself some great vintage gear there! The 650 max power consumption may be decieving. These amps were type "A" amps and kicked off a lot of their power as heat. My guess is that it's in the 100-150 wpc range, but hey, why not fire off an email to Matsu****a, they might still have a manual lying around.

Good luck!
  • 03-30-2004, 05:49 PM
    poneal
    I believe you have an international model vs a US model. Visit the international site and see if you can find a manual there. Of course it may be written in German but you may get lucky.
  • 07-08-2011, 01:07 AM
    final
    Su-v8x
    Hi,
    This amp is special and so was the V6X. They have a wonderful smooth sound with plenty of dynamics. The sound has a continuity about it that just flows. There is plenty of detail too.
    Enjoy.