Amp with balanced inputs

I've just had an idea for something I'd like to try out. My PS Audio GCPH has a gain knob on the front and balanced outputs on the back that are not being used. I could have a vinyl-only system with no line stage preamp.

Can anyone recommend a sweet-sounding amp with balanced inputs and around 35 to 50 watts per channel? Budget is probably under $800 with a preference for used so I can hope to sell it for what I paid.

Suspended
    Balanced inputs shouldn't be too hard to find but true balanced inputs with balanced circuits to match is another story.

If you can find a Krell kav-300i, it is truly balanced with Class A preamp section. These sell for $1k or less used. If you get one it will be the strongest 150 watts per channel you've ever heard. Of course, that's integrated. All the Krell power amps are fully balanced.

I believe Monarchy's have XLR. All BAT gear is fully balanced.

Thanks for the tips. Based on that, I figure I'm looking at these criteria:
    1. Power amp only...no integrated
    2. XLR inputs, without regard to true balanced circuitry
    3. Maybe no preference for Class A
    4. Ideally wouldn't waste a lot of power on this...really only need maybe 35 watts
    I'll have a look at the ones you've mentioned. I've been looking at Krell a little bit, already. They seem like overkill for this experiement. I'm kinda wondering about a PS Audio amp, now that I think about it.

Suspended
    I really don't know of any straight power amps that would be that low power. Power isn't a bad thing to have any way, it's better to have it than not I always say

That's all true, actually. I was looking at amps and remembering how the low-powered Adcom amps sound as good as the high-powered amps. The extra money goes toward more power. When I decided to choose between my GFA-545II and GFA-555II and sell the other, I sold the 555 because I don't need the extra power. I had a 535 that I would have probably chosen over the 545...because even that's enough power for me...but someone local made me a good offer for it.

So with that in mind, I was hoping to spend less by accepting less power. It's not looking like it's an option, though. Someone local is selling a PS Audio HCA-2. Maybe I'll give that a look.

Thread Information