• 10-01-2006, 08:45 AM
    Gioxtream
    Adding power to The Yamaha RXV-1400.
    Ok. Here is the deal. I have a set of Speakers. I have The JBL s312 studio series Main speakers (250 watss each) My Center chanel is the Klipsch RC-7. My subwoofer is The yamaha YST-SW800... Rated 800watss...goes down to 18 Hz. And finally the Yamaha RXV-1400. (all is setup to 8 ohm)

I dont know a lot..but I think i can get a preamp to make it work with my Yammie reciever.
    I checked the back of my yammie and ...it has no plugs for a Preamp conection..What is the deal?????? Please Help!

Gioxtream.
  • 10-01-2006, 09:26 AM
    elapsed
    Looking at the rear of the Yamaha RX-V1400, I see RCA pre-out's, so you should have no problem adding power via an amp :)

http://www.yamaha.com/YECDealerMedia...V1400_back.jpg
  • 10-01-2006, 09:56 AM
    basite
    you have pre ins and outs, you must have overlooked them somehow, the pre outs are left to the speaker connections, the pre ins/ multi channel inputs in the left down corner right to your coaxial inputs (cd, ...) and your ground.
    but still a extra amp is the better way to go, since when you're adding a pre amp, you're actually not adding extra power (in watts), and when you're adding a power amp for example you are using the yammie as preamplifier, and the power amp as ... power amp, rotel makes good ones. check them out.
  • 10-01-2006, 04:03 PM
    bobsticks
    Hey Gioxtream,

The guys got it right. You want to run lines out of the "pre-out" jacks into an external amplifier. I use this scenario myself--Yammy into bridged Rotel into power hungry speaks with very good results.

Cheers and welcome to the forums
  • 03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
    Gioxtream
    Adding power to a RX-V1400 reciever ...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by basite
    you have pre ins and outs, you must have overlooked them somehow, the pre outs are left to the speaker connections, the pre ins/ multi channel inputs in the left down corner right to your coaxial inputs (cd, ...) and your ground.
    but still a extra amp is the better way to go, since when you're adding a pre amp, you're actually not adding extra power (in watts), and when you're adding a power amp for example you are using the yammie as preamplifier, and the power amp as ... power amp, rotel makes good ones. check them out.

Thanks for your help mate.It was really helpful....Could you please tell me what type of power amp should i use>>??? I went to the rotel website but.....I am comfused.Multichanel amp ,2 ch amps...etc etc.....what amp would be the best match for my Yamaha reciever RX-v1400 ?? By the way...I have a pair of JBL s312 Floor standing speakers.

JBL s312 :

specifications:

Speaker Type: 3-way - passive

-3dB Frequency Response: 35 - 20000 Hz

Input Impedance: 8 Ohm

Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 - 250 Watt

Sensitivity: 92 dB

Crossover Frequency: 3000Hz, 750Hz

Output Features: Bass Reflex

Magnetic Shield: Yes

Connectivity Technology: Wired

Detachable Grilles: Yes

Additional Features: Gold-plated connectors

Max (RMS) Output Power: 250 Watt

Recommended Placing: Floor-standing

Nominal (RMS) Output Power: 250 Watt

Series: Studio

Gioxtream..

Thanks to everyone for your help.....This is a great forum.