PARADIGM/ROTEL/ODYSSEY

Adding 2 additional mains to a 5/1 setup

How can this be achieved?? Can I connect 2 recievers together via the Tape input output, My goal is to have a very wide front soundstage ..has anyone done this?

If your receiver has preouts then its no biggy. Just get an RCA stereo cable and connect it to the l/r main preouts on your receiver. Then connect the other ends to an amplifer. Connect the speakers to this new amplier. Adjust the SPL level using a radio shack meter. Your then good to go.

PARADIGM/ROTEL/ODYSSEY
    Quote Originally Posted by poneal
    If your receiver has preouts then its no biggy. Just get an RCA stereo cable and connect it to the l/r main preouts on your receiver. Then connect the other ends to an amplifer. Connect the speakers to this new amplier. Adjust the SPL level using a radio shack meter. Your then good to go.
    My center left and right pre-outs on the reciecer that i already have are in use,they are connected to a 3 ch amp,,is theyre another way?

Utmostjamin1

Talking adding additional mains

have you thought about using Y adaptors. you would need 2 of them that would give you an extra set of Preampout jacks.
    I own a set of Monster cable Yadaptors and i do something similar only i have 4 mains running but 2 of them are in the rear to listen to 4 channel stereo. It works very well for me

PARADIGM/ROTEL/ODYSSEY
    I thought of a Y adapter but was under the impression that adding one would degrade or weaken the signal,,have you or anyone else noticed any difference in sound quality after adding a Y adapter?

I may not be getting the big picture here, but if your preouts on the reciever are already output to an amp to drive your mains and center then why not use the receivers main speaker binding posts to drive the other two? Is the receiver amp bad or not powerful enough to drive the new speakers? If this is the case and you do not want to use a Y-adapter then does your amp have aux/pre outs to hook to another amplifer? Not getting the big picture but hope this helps.

F1
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird
    My center left and right pre-outs on the reciecer that i already have are in use,they are connected to a 3 ch amp,,is theyre another way?
    Does this mean that your receiver does not drive any front speakers?. If so, then just connect the new speakers directly to the front speaker output from the receiver as Poneal suggested.

Thread Information