Forum Regular

Smile Hello! What do you think of this Stereo Amplifier?

It's an Aeron A2, a 50W RMS amplifier. Did you have ever hearded this firm? Some audiophiles just said me that it's value is up to 3x it's price.

What do youn think just watching to its electronics and power supply?

It's an 8,5 Kg amplifier, just over 200 euros (220 dollars?).
    Last edited by Tetsuro; 05-16-2006 at 01:01 PM.

Forum Regular
    This is the exterior:

Looks like a quality build. I have not heard one though. Good luck.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Looks like a quality build. I have not heard one though. Good luck.
    I will receive it in a few days... But my question is... why these quality builds does not go through retails like the Maranzt/Rotel/Pioneer ones?

An audiophile told me that japanese amplifiers are just 'toys' and that these (Aeron) good amplifiers does not go through retails because of the lack of 'ads' and an unfair retail politic.

So consumers just buys amplifiers that cost 600 bucks with a value of 1/2.

I was just lucky to get the opportunity to enter to the lowest Hi-Fi 'level' with this amplifier (thank you Internet ), before.. I was just under the influence of big names of japanese industry (mostly Technics).

So take a chance to at least try this good 'firm'. Italian reviewers take it into consideration.

Sorry but I know only the italian link: http://www.audio4.it/aeron/frameset.htm

P.S.: Don't know if it's italian or chinese, what does interest me is it's sound (and for the electronics.. you pay what you SEE).

I am getting a headache reading your chopped up English....I wish I could help, but I just can't seem to get through a few sentences.

Well it doesnt look to special, it doesnt have much capacitance nor a big power supply. Looks like a typical Cambridge Audio clone in a nicer box. For 220$ its apropriate, but nothing out of the ordinary.

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Well it doesnt look to special, it doesnt have much capacitance nor a big power supply. Looks like a typical Cambridge Audio clone in a nicer box. For 220$ its apropriate, but nothing out of the ordinary.

-Flo
    Cambridge will surely provide hi-quality but it's minimum price is set to near 400 euro (Azur 540A), 150 more than the aerons (and I don't know if it's quality is up to the aerons). From a value standpoint aerons deserve a try.
    Who have tried it just said that it drives better than an Harman (450 euro price tag), or that it drives much better a couple of Ruark Talisman than a Technics SUA600, or two Nimis/Ensemble Synthesis (1120 euro price tag), or an Audio Analogue Puccini (1200 euro price tag).
    Just quoted some opinions..

For the power supply... reviewers just say that it is 'overdimensioned' for it's class.

Thread Information