AR Newbie Registered Member

8 speakers, how to use them all?

I have 8 speakers, that i have collected trough the years. they are most quiet powerful (8 ohms, 80-150w). they are all pairs, they all are from a different manufacturer so they have different bass/treble levels. what mad device can i use to connect all these beasts, and customize their treble/bass for every pair of speakers? (the speakers are not with a power source installed, so they will need a power amp)

Welcome to the AR forum,

Can you give us a list of these speakers to see what measures that may or may not be required, by that I mean if they are completely different sonically you may be better off with using only the ones that are compatible.

Cheers
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

several options here.

Well, if you want control over bass and treble for each pair, you're gonna need a preamp and power amp for each pair.

If you go that route, I'd suggest taking the "tape out" from your source into a high level (aux) input on the first integrated amp that feeds your first pair of speakers.

Then, take the "tape out" of that first integrated and feed it into a high level (aux) input of your second integrated that feeds your second pair of speakers.

Repeat this scenario for the other two integrated amps..

Now, if you can forgo the individual bass/treble requirement, and you have a beefy enough power amp to begin with, you can pick up an impedance matching speaker selector for the whole kit and kaboodle or, additionally, impedance matching volume controls for each speaker.

Hello and welcome to AR.

There are several things that you can do to help even out your different speakers. Some will do a great job and cost you a bundle. Some will do a so-so job but not cost you as much. You'll have to decide what means what to you.

A cheap and easy way to help would be to pick up any of the receivers available with the auto set up features. These are available from many brand names. Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha are just a few. The auto set-up will EQ each speaker and level match them. This is far from the best way to do it, but it would work fairly well with little effort.
    How much are you looking to spend, and how hard are you willing to work at this?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hello and welcome to AR.

There are several things that you can do to help even out your different speakers. Some will do a great job and cost you a bundle. Some will do a so-so job but not cost you as much. You'll have to decide what means what to you.

A cheap and easy way to help would be to pick up any of the receivers available with the auto set up features. These are available from many brand names. Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha are just a few. The auto set-up will EQ each speaker and level match them. This is far from the best way to do it, but it would work fairly well with little effort.
    How much are you looking to spend, and how hard are you willing to work at this?
    Do you mean to take a bunch of integrated amplifiers and connect them together to make a bunch of outputs? how will i know if they can be connected together?

Thread Information